Monday, September 24, 2007

Senior College Meeting Reminder

Tomorrow night, Tuesday, September 25th is the Senior Student & Parent College meeting. It will start at 7pm and we will meet in one of the larger classrooms upstairs – I think we will be in room 213, but there will be signs directing you to the right room.

Yes, I REALLY do want you to attend WITH your parents! Yes, I am asking YOU to come! (Remember, this is your future we are talking about – not your parents and not mine… so the responsibility ends up on your shoulders and you need to know what lies ahead.) This meeting will provide the opportunity to have all of you (“my” seniors) and your parents together as one large group. (The other counselors will be meeting with their students and parents in other rooms.) We are going to discuss the application process and all the fun aspects that includes and I am going to have LOTS of time for questions and answers. I sincerely hope it will be a productive night for all of us because I do NOT want to waste your time or mine!

(And yes, after all of your complaining, I know that this is the first day the new video game comes out and that you want to stay home and play it, but seriously, it is one night – please, pull yourself away from the video game for a little while and let’s look forward to college.)

Several of the Seniors won’t be able to join us because they will be in action tomorrow night. Good luck to Philip, Joey, Sam, and Brittany in your WKHS soccer/volleyball games!

I am looking forward to seeing the rest of you and your parents tomorrow night.

By the way - I also owe a HUGE thank you to Alex and John for giving up their late arrival this morning to come in and help us put together the packets of information we are handing out tomorrow night! I really appreciate it - thanks for getting up early to help. :-)

No comments: