Thursday, September 13, 2007

Mrs. Stamm Jumped OUT of a Plane!

It's true - tonight Mrs. Stamm, along with 4 other WKHS staff members (none of which were me I might add) jumped out of a plane. They were sky diving with paratroopers from the US Army as a component of tomorrow night's Military Tribute football game. (Sorry, I don't have any pictures to share with you of that...)

When I went to Parris Island to watch some of the process as Marines go through boot camp some of the educators participated in different activities. One of the educators from Michigan attempted a monkey bars kind of obstacle where the rungs on the monkey bars varied in height so some were higher and others were lower. She fell and broke her ankle in multiple places and ended up hospitalized needing surgery.
It is safe to say that I am not that stupid (brave) to try anything like that and about the most adventuresome thing that I did was climb up and over a wall with a rope and I still needed help getting down! LOL! (Seriously, my legs were not long enough to climb down without help...)



(Me thinking about climbing... Climbing... And wondering how in the world they want me to get down from up there. Yep, I know, still no where near as impressive or exciting as jumping out of a plane!)

So, when Mr. Weary sent out an e-mail to staff asking for volunteers to hurl themselves out of a perfectly good plane that had no problems with it's landing gear or landing ability there was NO way that I was going to sign up. Call me practical, realistic, or a chicken - all three apply. :-) Mrs. Stamm, on the other hand, was excited for the opportunity. So tonight, she sky dived with the guy from the US Army who will be sky diving for all of us tomorrow night. A video of all of their jumps will also be played at the football game for everyone to see. You will be happy to know that she did make it safe and sound to the ground with no problem and she loved the experience. She said that on a scale of 1 - 10 it was a 5o and that they couldn't stop smiling. I'm glad she enjoyed it, but I'm still glad it was her and not me. Hopefully you aren't all thinking that you want to jump ship and switch to have an adventuresome (or a little crazy depending upon your perspective) counselor or else the administrators are all going to be trying to figure out why no one wants me as their counselor any more and everyone wants to change to Mrs. Stamm's case load.

In case you needed a reason to smile - tomorrow is Friday - which means you have nearly completed your first 5 day week!

No comments: