Thursday, September 27, 2007

PSAT

The PSAT (practice SAT) will be administered at WKHS on Wednesday, October 17th. Registration for the test will begin next Monday, October 1st. Juniors and interested Sophomores can register in the Counseling and Career Center by bringing in a check for $14.00 made out to WKHS. This is an important practice test for the SAT and it is also the qualifying test for the National Merit Scholarship competition. Even if you took the test as a Sophomore you should re-take the test as a Junior!

I had previously highlighted some useful information that I found on a College Admissions Counseling blog and this is some that I found on preparing for the PSAT.

A test prep company, ePrep, is now offering free PSAT prep including 2 full PSAT practice tests. I assume that the company is offering the free PSAT prep in the hope that students will then buy their SAT prep program. I don't know anything about this company other than what I read on their website but it rarely hurts to practice for any standardized test. There is little available on the web involving free PSAT prep as most sites just focus on the SAT.

This weekend will be exciting with Homecoming festivities. Good luck to the football team as they take on Pickerington Central tomorrow night! And then I will be one of the chaperones at the dance Saturday night so I look forward to seeing many of you there.

No comments: