Saturday, February 25, 2017

Rest in Peace

Yesterday my grandma died.  Her name was Betty, but for my entire life we have called her Mugga.  (Evidently when they were trying to teach me to say grandma I just kept flipping it to Mugga and it stuck.)  Mugga was a one-of-a-kind lady and she played a huge role in my life.  (Pictured above is my grandma and my mom during this holiday season.)

I have so much to be grateful for in my life (both related to my grandma and beyond that) and so that is where I am trying to stay focused right now.  I am grateful that she was my Mugga, that she was in my life for so long, that she had such an unbelievably healthy and incredible life until recently, and that she is not in any pain today.  And yes, I am also grateful for the sadness I feel now because I know that it is a reflection of how much I loved her and she loved me.

I am going to take a few days off from blogging.  I have a lot to do to get ready for Mugga's memorial service and I thank you in advance for understanding a lack of posts.  Also, I don't know for sure what this will do to my schedule at school, but I think I am going to be able to be at school every day without missing any time so, as always, if you need me, stop by and see me.

No comments: