Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Remind

Happy Valentine's Day!  Valentine's day is often oversimplified with commercials highlighting pink and red hearts, cards, candy, jewelry and flowers.  The reality is that celebrating love and honoring those who are important to you is not reserved for one day and is something which needs to be recognized every day throughout the year.  But, let's be honest.. sometimes we don't tell the people around us how much they mean to us.  I know that I don't tell my family, friends and you, my students, often enough how much you mean to me and I should do better... I will try to do better and so at least for today, please know that I am thankful to have a job which allows me to work with you each day.

Some of you may be familiar with "Remind", a communication tool that a few teachers are currently using. The WKHS counselors have also established an account to serve as a quick and easy way for you and your parents to receive important announcements, information, deadlines, etc. from the counseling department as a text message sent directly to your cell phone.

If you would like to subscribe, send a text to 81010 with the appropriate code below:
For the class of 2017, text @wkhs2017
For the class of 2018, text @wkhs2018
For the class of 2019, text @wkhs2019
For the class of 2020, text @wkhs2020
For the class of 2021, text @wkhs2021

If you have siblings at WKHS, your parents can sign up to receive messages from more than one class by sending a separate text for each one.

Please note that this is not a real phone number. We will be sending the texts from a website, not a cell phone, so the number cannot receive phone calls or reply texts (other than the one it asks you to send when you are signing up). If you need to speak to me or have questions about any of the texts sent, you will need to contact me directly.

Also, while this is a free service on our end, all regular text messaging rates through your phone company will apply.

I encourage you to sign up for this additional communication tool and hope you will subscribe.  

And, although I won't be sending a Remind text message to say this, I hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day today!

No comments: