Saturday, February 4, 2017

Students of the Month

Yesterday morning was the ceremony to recognize the February Students of the Month.  Students can only receive the award of Student of the Month once in their high school career and must be nominated by WKHS faculty and staff for their academic achievement, good citizenship, and/ or service to the school and community.  4 of "my" students were among those who received this special recognition.  This included: Tamanna Afrin, Gavin Baker, Angelo DeMary, and Melanie Fisher.  Unfortunately, due to the fact that I had the sophomore registration meetings all day on Friday I wasn't able to stay until the end of the recognition ceremony to get a picture of them together, but I am very proud of what they have accomplished and the positive way they represent themselves and WKHS.

Hopefully those of you who are at the dance tonight are having a fun and safe night.  I love the fact that the recognition of "King and Queen of Hearts" is based on raising money for a good charity.  One of "my" students, Abby Souder, was among those running to try to raise the most money for a great cause selected by Kilbourne alum, Drew George.

I also wanted to take a moment to thank all of you who have come in to meet with me this past week regarding your course selections.  I genuinely enjoyed the chance to talk with all of you even though it is a quick visit and I hope that you will be back to visit more in the near future.

No comments: