Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Teacher Appreciation Week

This week is national Teacher Appreciation Week!  WKHS is blessed to have a staff of incredible teachers who are committed to their student's success - not only in the classroom, but also in life.  I can think of so many examples of teachers going the extra mile to help students.  They are often found: spending time before or after school reviewing material with students, cheering on kids at concerts and games, responding to e-mails and text messages on evenings and weekends to clarify questions, developing exciting and engaging learning experiences, writing beautiful recommendation letters, listening to a student who needs to talk after a bad day, and countless other examples that make an impact in ways big and small.

There have been so many teachers in my life who have made a difference and I wish that when I was in school I would have told them how grateful I was for their role in my life.  I hope that this week you will take a moment to simply say thanks to one of the teachers at Kilbourne who has had a positive impact on your life.  You never know - maybe your kind words to them will stay with them for years to come.

No comments: