Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Senior Recognition Night

Tonight was the Senior Recognition Night - a time when graduating seniors are honored for the contributions and awards they have received over the last four years of high school.  In addition, tonight also celebrated the scholarships that the seniors have been awarded.  As Dillon Castelli and Ms. Adrean mentioned, this year's senior class was offered nearly $10 million dollars in scholarships - that is incredible and speaks to the quality of students we have at WKHS.  

Tonight was such a special evening to celebrate your accomplishments.  I am proud of you and was grateful to be able to participate in your evening of well-deserved recognition!

I would have loved to try to force all of my students to gather for a group picture, but with so many of “my” students being honored tonight there was no way that I could pull that off.  Please know how proud I am of you.  And, if you have never heard the song, Compass, that Ms. Adrean referred to during her speech (and played right as the ceremony concluded) I think you should look it up.  I agree with her (and the song) - let your heart be your compass and remember that you'll never be alone.

Congratulations to everyone honored tonight!

No comments: