Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The Value of Education

I had grand intentions of logging on here tonight to share a useful post... and I promise I will get one up here soon, but as the day progressed today I decided I really needed to talk about the value of education!

I am incredibly grateful that I have a job I love! I am lucky that I look forward to going to work and, most days, I feel like I am good at my job too. (Which is always a plus...) And no, it is not just because it is summer break (another perk of my job) that I am realizing how grateful I am that I pursued my education and never gave up on my dreams...

Today, I was doing a very boring, insignificant chore - sweeping out my garage... and don't get me wrong, my garage is just a small one-car garage and there isn't a lot to it, but dirt had accumulated on the floor of the garage and so I needed to clean it out. Broom in hand, I set to the task and accomplished it, but in the process I managed to create and tear open a large blister and work up quite a sweat in the heat... and that is when it struck me... I am so glad that my job doesn't require this type of work each day. There are people who are (thankfully) very dedicated and display an incredible level of commitment to the work that they do each day that they can love their jobs in spite of negative working conditions like heat, snow, and physical demands. I am grateful that these individuals have the passion and desire to help our world in this way... and I'm grateful that I have *my* job. :-) No matter what job you pursue for your future, find one that makes hard work seem like fun and you will know you have found the perfect career!

Hope you are enjoying your summer - my first few days of break have been wonderful!

No comments: