Monday, June 8, 2009

A Letter to "My" Seniors

To “My” Seniors-

Congratulations on your graduation! Today, when you finally woke up, you were no longer high school students, which also means you are now my “former” students. When I started at Worthington Kilbourne High School, your class was just beginning their sophomore year and you were my youngest group in the school. It is hard to believe how quickly the last three years have passed and that you are now graduates. No matter if you were one of my students for three years or just for your final year of high school, I want you to know how fortunate I feel to have had the opportunity to get to know you.

There are so many memories that I will cherish from your group – times that you have made me laugh like hearing stories of chocolate covered math tests, moments of being proud such as watching you perform at a concert or compete athletically, periods of excitement and joy like at this weekend’s lacrosse state championship and commencement ceremony, and even times where I was amazed by your inner strength as I watched you face heart-breaks and disappointments when life didn’t go as you had hoped or planned. Thank you for allowing me to have the honor of joining you on this journey!

I never cease to be inspired, amazed, impressed, and proud of the men and women you are and all that you have accomplished. Always remember that I am behind you and that I believe in you! Good luck next year at college and in life beyond WKHS! I will miss you!

With love and gratitude,
Miss Abbott

PS - I hope that you will stay in touch in the future to let me know about your new adventures in life.

No comments: