Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Diploma Presenter

One of my absolute favorite parts of the WKHS commencement ceremony is the option students have to pick someone from their educational career (teacher, coach, counselor, etc.) to present them with their diploma. I was touched and humbled that 5 of "my" students selected me to be able to share in their graduation ceremony by giving them their diplomas. There simply are no words to explain what a huge honor this was for me!
The students that I was thrilled to be able to present with their diploma were (Left to Right): Sachi Oshima, Harrison Bassani, Haley Blanton, Clay Hedges, and Alyssa Boudinot. (We have been trying to get a group picture for a while now and luckily all 5 were able to stop in at school today so that I could get this picture to post on the blog and frame in my office.)

Alyssa, Clay, Haley, Harrison, and Sachi - It is hard to believe that you are no longer "my" students. I have enjoyed being able to get to know you, to listen to your stories, celebrate your successes, and hopefully help when dealing with disappointments. Thank you for making me smile and for letting me share in your lives. I hope you know how much I will miss you! Thanks again for allowing me to have the honor of presenting you with your diplomas - I will never forget it!

No comments: