Saturday, June 6, 2009

State Champions!

Congratulations to the entire WKHS Men's Lacrosse team on their thrilling victory over UA in today's 2009 State Championship!
I have been sitting here trying to find a way to express how excited and proud I am for "my" athletes who are now state champions and yet words fail me. Luke, Colt, Will, Josh, Tim, Juan, and Charlie - Congratulations! All of your hard work and dedication over the past season was leading up to this moment. Enjoy the celebration and take pride in your accomplishments! And, of course, always know that I am proud of you!

In addition to the team winning the State Championship, Will Campbell also earned individual honors when he was named the Offensive Most Valuable Player of the game! Will had 2 goals during the game and his final goal put Kilbourne ahead for good. Congratulations Will - you deserve it and I am so thankful that you are still just a junior so that I have you as one of "my" students for another year! :-)

No comments: