Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Registering for Classes

I am sure you are all excited that tomorrow is the last day of exams and that after 1/2 a day of school you will have 4 days off (Friday through Monday). When we start back on Tuesday you will be in your new 2nd semester classes. Most of you have already taken care of any necessary schedule changes. I have quite a few updated schedules on my desk that students still need to pick up, so I hope you stop by to grab your schedule before heading to class on Tuesday. If we need to work on schedule changes - especially for those students who ended up failing a class this semester, please come and see me as soon as possible. Don't forget, you have the first three (3) days of a semester to add a class. (You have a little longer to drop a class without it appearing on your transcript IF you have enough classes to stay above the minimum requirements.)

While it doesn't seem possible, I have been spending a lot of time trying to get ready for the scheduling of classes for NEXT school year! Just to give you a sneak peek - students will be receiving registration information during homeroom on January 30th and then you will be registering for classes ONLINE! I am pretty excited about the new system as I think it will help eliminate any data entry errors... unless of course you don't actually pick the classes that you wanted to take when you enter it online. :-) Once again this year I will be planning to meet with every junior and hopefully your parents in individual meetings to discuss your senior year schedule and your plans for life after high school. I am so thankful that I had these meetings with my current seniors as it helped me get to know them better. Lots of details to come about these meetings and the online registration process as a whole.

Enjoy your LAST day of the First Semester!!! Good luck on your exams.

No comments: