Sunday, June 7, 2015

Diploma Presenter

There are many traditions that I love at Kilbourne, but my favorite, by far, is the fact that students are able to select someone from their educational career (teacher, coach, counselor, etc.) to present them with their diploma during the commencement ceremony.  
I was touched and humbled that 7 of "my" students selected me to be able to share in their graduation ceremony by giving them their diplomas.  (L to R) Front: Miriam Bassani, Hana Estice and Steven Dailey and Back: JC Bartok, Griffin Dahn, Grayson Biglin, and Jonathan BlakeThere simply are no words to explain what a huge honor this was for me!

Hana, JC, Miriam, Grayson, Jon, Griffin and Steven  - It is hard to believe that you are no longer "my" students. I have enjoyed being able to get to know you, to listen to your stories, celebrate your successes, and hopefully help when dealing with disappointments. Thank you for making me smile and for letting me share in your lives. I hope you know how much I will miss you! It was my honor to be able to give each of you a hug and offer my congratulations as I presented you with your diploma.  It is a memory I will cherish.  I am so proud of you and cannot wait to see what you accomplish in your futures!

No comments: