Thursday, June 11, 2015

Scheduling Madness

Late last week the WKHS administration officially "locked" the master schedule into place. What this means is that they have determined where each class will be held during the school day to meet the most student requests possible. They ran through the computer all of the requests and successfully matched on approximately 70% of the schedules.

Unfortunately, it now becomes crazy for the counselors as we go through each of the schedules that didn't match and try to figure out if there is a solution and what possible options we can use to make a schedule fit together. I have already started pouring over schedules, but, unfortunately, still have a long ways to go. Needless to say I have a lot of work to do and will likely have to continue contacting some of you to talk about back up choices based upon the conflicts in your schedule. This is never easy and I know it is disappointing when you don't get all of the classes that you wanted, so I promise that I am doing the best I can to make all of your requests work together.

No comments: