Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Student Recognition

I am running SO FAR BEHIND in trying to recognize my students for your accomplishments that I decided I needed to pause and do a post to celebrate all of you together.  Sorry that I wasn't able to do individual posts to celebrate you all.


-  Ndidi Anaraodo WON the OCC Capital Shot Put title.  Congratulations! This is a huge accomplishment and it is exciting that she is on top as she heads into District Competition later this week.

Good luck Ndidi and keep up the great work!  I am proud of you!


- Earlier this month 49 WKHS students were inducted into the Socratic Society.  Unfortunately I wasn't able to be there because I had a meeting out of the building so I don't have a picture of the group, but congratulations to: Praise Ademodi, Sean Bartholomew, Keegan Bartok, Quentin Bartram, Maddie Beal, Mackenzie Calvert, Kaylee Carbetta, Phil Carlson, Erica Chen, Megan Clippinger, Veronica Dahn, Anne Dargenio, Kaitlin Ellebruch, Abby Eymann, and Gillian Ferguson.

-  The counseling center would never run effectively without the dedication and commitment of students who volunteer their time to serve as office workers.  This semester 2 of our office workers were my students.  Thank you to (L to R): Macala Dietz and Averi Dauphin.  I am so thankful for your willingness to help us this year!  If students are interested in volunteering as office workers next school year, stop by and see me.

-  The WKHS Theater Department just wrapped up their final show, Pride and Prejudice.  Congratulations to Jake Eyen, Ava Burson, Tamanna Afrin, and Max Alderman who had parts in the production as well as all to all of the students who were involved behind the scenes.

-  The Worthington FIRST Robotics Team had an outstanding showing at their regional competition with the team's highest finish since the team was created.  They have qualified for State Competition and will compete at the end of the month.  Congratulations on your season and good luck as you wrap up this year's season!  My team members include Iric Bernal, Alan Brophy, Mackenzie Bennett, Micah Vincent, and Michael Fischer.  (I am sorry if I missed anyone - I tried to capture everyone I could remember.)

No comments: