Friday, October 18, 2013

Oh The Places You'll Go

Are you spending today's day off making a college visit?  I know that there were quite a few of my students who were planning to explore campuses during the long weekend and so I wanted to remind you that I would like you to take a picture on every college campus you step foot on.  It doesn't matter to me if it was for vacation or for an official visit - because each impression helps to shape your view of what you want and expect from a college. 

I have been begging for pictures for a long and continue to hear reports of more students with pictures that they just haven't dropped off yet so I am looking forward to seeing who else will bring us pictures in the days, weeks, and months ahead. Each picture you have submitted already has been exciting and for those of you who are planning college visits, I hope you will take a moment to capture a picture of you somewhere on the college campus. As a reminder, the picture can be anywhere at the college - a pretty place, in front of a cool building or an area where you expect to spend a lot of time, or, as seems to be the biggest hit - in front of a sign featuring the name of the college.

I appreciate everyone who has helped with taking pictures to make this display possible. A couple of acknowledgements...

I cannot remember for sure, but I believe the first picture received from this year's class was from Gabrielle Dendinger on a trip to Bowling Green State University.

The most pictures received ended up coming from Lauren Hedges who brought in pictures from 4 colleges - UNC Wilmington, UNC Charlotte, North Carolina State, and East Carolina.

Michael Chambers brought in a picture from a school the greatest distance away from WKHS with his action shot at New Mexico State.

Thank you also to Erin Dieringer, Joey Cipicchio, Danny Darby, Addy Boyles, Sarah Ahrens and the group of students who took a picture at CSCC who have already given me pictures - I appreciate it very much!

No comments: