Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Review and Print Preview

Today I had a large number of students ask me to double check their applications and make sure everything looked OK before they submitted them to their respective colleges.  I am more than happy to help provide another set of eyes, but please remember that I will not necessarily know if you have your parent's college information right or if that is really your social security number.  For those details, you need to make sure you have someone (your parents or an older sibling) take a look with you.

As we were reviewing the applications that were on Common App I was surprised by how many of my students had not yet checked their application with Print Preview.  There are lots of places on Common App that remind you to double check how your application will actually show up to the colleges when they download it off the Common App website.  You need to look at it and make sure that none of your written information is being cut off.  This includes the short-answer essay and the other areas such as descriptions of your involvement in activities and course names and credits for each of your senior year classes.

In case you don't believe me, this article also talks about the importance of using print preview so I promise you it really is worth the time to double check it before you submit.

No comments: