Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween



Happy Halloween!

Since this is the first year that I have lived in my new house for Halloween I was really excited to be able to pass out candy to the kids coming to trick-or-treat.  The weather obviously didn't cooperate, but I did have a decent number of kids come by.  The cutest one was a little boy dressed up as a lion.  After I put his candy in his bucket, he kept trying to share it back with me.
Granted, I didn't get to see my *favorite* kids for Halloween... my niece and nephews!  My niece, Carly, dressed up as Oscar the Grouch.  My nephew, Colton, dressed up as a SWAT team member.  And my week-and-a-half old  nephew, Brady, was a tiny pumpkin.  Although I acknowledge that I am biased, Brady is definitely the cutest pumpkin in the patch!
I am proud of all of you who volunteered your time this evening to go trick-or-canning to help gather food for the Worthington Food Bank.  You made a difference to many people because of your efforts tonight!

And on a totally different note, thanks to everyone for their attendance at today's assembly.  I thought it was incredibly powerful and was touched by how open and brave the inmates were while they shared their stories.  I hope you will remember that there are people you can talk to and, as they pointed out today, it is essential that you speak up and don't hold all of your feelings and emotions and even pain inside of you.  Please remember that I am here if you want or need to talk!

No comments: