Sunday, October 7, 2012

Blog, Homecoming & Articles of Interest

Recently I was talking with one of the parents about this blog and I found out that the e-mailed updates of my blog don't get sent out on weekends.  It is an automatic service that I was so excited was available through my blog, but it is not something that I have control over so I was bummed to realize that this means when I post an update on the weekend you are going to get multiple e-mails on Monday's.  So, I have a question for you... would you prefer fewer updates per week so that you don't get multiple e-mails on Mondays or are you ok with receiving multiple e-mails on Mondays?

As we head into the week, I wanted to remind everyone that it is Homecoming Spirit Week.  Each day has it's own theme.  As you celebrate the school spirit, please remember that you still have to follow the school dress code so they are going to ask for no bare shoulders which could impact your selection of attire for several days this week.

Monday is Lax Bro Day
Tuesday is America Day in celebration of Alex Hendrick's and his Olympic appearance
Wednesday is Twin's Day
Thursday is Formal Attire Day
Friday is Kilbourne Spirit Day

Ok, now that some of the details are out of the way, I wanted to share with you some of the awesome articles I have been reading lately that I think you might enjoy.


















Know your Ivies (This article gives a brief overview of the different Ivy League colleges.)










































Answers from Princeton’s Dean of Admissions (This is a 5 part series of answers and although it is written regarding Princeton they provide GREAT insight into all competitive college admissions!)











Paid to Live on Campus (This is an article about OSU’s efforts to make the transition to requiring sophomores to live on campus in the future.)


No comments: