Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year

Happy New Year!

All of you who know me or have ever stepped in my office and looked at all the pictures are aware that my family means the world to me, especially my niece and nephew. New Year's Eve is particularly important to me - not because it marks the end another (hopefully) productive year, but because it is my niece's birthday. Today Carly turned 9 years old! She is such a special little girl and she has a gift for brightening my day. Last month, for my birthday, Carly surprised me by wearing a shirt that read "My Aunt is my BFF" as you can see in this picture. I think the fact that I am able to spend so much time with my sister's family is why I love winter break so much.

As 2011 comes to a close, I hope you will look back with pride over your accomplishments from the past year and look forward to the future with hope and possibility. Tonight, as you are celebrating the new year, please remember to stay safe and be smart!

No comments: