Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Street Smart Presentation

The information in today's post is actually for your parents...

The Franklin County Sheriff's office will provide a presentation called Street Smarts on Wednesday, February 23rd at 7:00pm in the WKHS auditorium. This presentation is NOT open for students. Parents are invited and strongly encouraged to attend. I am disappointed that I will not be able to attend this presentation as I heard it several years ago and it was one of the best learning experiences that I have had and has continually helped me in my work with students. The aim of this presentation is to educate adults about the current drug related trends that our teens are being exposed to and often using. Even if your son/daughter does not have a drug problem, being aware of the different drugs currently being used with frequency in our community can be helpful as you interact with your kids and/or their friends. I hope you will make plans to attend this presentation!

No comments: