Friday, April 9, 2010

Sad Days

Sad days - and no, not just because spring break is coming to a close although I am sure that has plenty of you singing the blues, but for me the last few days have been sad ones because of the death of someone I had been lucky enough to know. Jonah Hoser was 13 years old and had received a heart transplant nine years ago. He was re-listed for a new transplant two weeks ago, unfortunately, that second transplant did not happen in time and he passed away on Wednesday night. He was a special little boy with an incredibly loving family. My heart breaks for his parents and his sisters. Definitely an important reminder of living each day to the fullest and never having regrets. The Columbus Dispatch ran a story on him today.

Since I have been slacking on providing useful updates this spring break, I also thought you might want some more college posts to catch up on. The Choice blog from the New York Times has a few more updates from their series from high school students across the country and their feelings as admissions decisions arrived.








Enjoy your last few days of being able to sleep in! :-)

No comments: