Thursday, February 5, 2009

Rest In Peace

My granddad (Roy Benadum) with my nephew (Cole)

As you may be aware, for the last year and a half my grandfather has been ill. His fight is now over and he is finally at peace. My grandfather has been one of the most influential men in my life and I am grateful that we had so many years together. I will cherish the memories of visiting him as a little girl when he would take us to feed the ducks or entertain us by playing the harmonica or talking like Donald Duck. He had a wonderful sense of humor and while I will always miss him, he will live on in my heart and memories.

I am going to take a few days off from blogging about high school and college topics – I hope you understand. I will be out of school for the rest of this week and when I return on Monday it will be another day packed with Junior meetings, so if you need assistance, please stop in and see one of the other counselors or one of the secretaries. Thanks for being patient with me.

Have a good rest of the week and remember to let your family know how much they mean to you.

No comments: