Friday, September 26, 2008

Simple Things...

I freely admit that the simple things often make me so happy...

Today while you enjoyed a day off we had a day of professional development which means we had a bunch of meetings to attend. That was fine, but wasn't what made me happy - what made me happy was a phone call from a friend, hearing from a former student and knowing I can sleep in tomorrow - the simple things! :-)

One other simple thing that makes me happy (because it was productive) is that today I created a blog site for the career fair (http://wkhscareerfair.blogspot.com/). The goal is to have an easier web address so that people can link to the career questionnaire and participate in the career fair so that you will have a chance to talk to them. While I have moments of wondering if I have lost my mind by trying (with a fantastic committee!) to plan the career fair, I honestly do believe it will be a great event and helpful for you as you explore career options for your future. If you have a career that you want to know more about - especially if it is a "unique" career - make sure you let me know so that I can try to find a professional that can come and share their insight.

Enjoy the weekend!

No comments: