Monday, September 15, 2008

Another Day Off...

By now I am confident that all of you are aware that we do not have school again tomorrow. I don't know how many of you are still in the dark, but I have been fortunate enough that I didn't lose power. My grandparents are like many of you and still don't have electricity. Since we do not have school tomorrow you can let your parents know that the PTO Meet the Teacher night will also be postponed.

So, my hope is that you are going to find ways to make tomorrow a productive day. In addition to sleeping in (which I am pretty sure will be on most of your lists of things to do) tomorrow can be a helpful day to get a jump start on the tasks you hadn't made it to yet this year and the perfect opportunity to avoid procrastinating any longer. For seniors, tomorrow is a great opportunity to start drafting your college essays. For all of the grades this provides time to play around in PrepHQ (see link on right side of this page) and explore some options for your future. It is also a time to figure out what you need to do for your classes - do you have an upcoming project that you could do start doing research as a jump start or a book that you are supposed to read. I realize that this might not be as exciting as some of the other things that you could find to do, but getting some of these "not so fun" tasks out of the way now will pay off in the long run.

No matter how you spend it, I hope you enjoy your extra day off tomorrow!

No comments: