Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Scheduling Madness


This morning the WKHS administration officially "locked" the master schedule into place. What this means is that they have determined where each class will be held during the school day to meet the most student requests possible. They ran through the computer all of the requests and successfully matched on 84% of the schedules. This is GREAT news and the highest match rate at WKHS in a very long time. Unfortunately, it now becomes a nightmare for the counselors as we go through each of the schedules that didn't match and try to figure out if there is a solution and what possible options we can use to make a schedule fit together. I spent a large part of the day pouring over schedules and successfully fixed three of them. (That is NOT good...) Needless to say I have a lot of work to do and will likely have to be calling down some of you to talk about back up choices based upon the conflicts in your schedule. This is never easy and I know it is disappointing if you don't get the classes that you wanted, so I promise that I am doing the best I can to make everything fall together. I also know that once I start calling down students to talk about their conflicts everyone will want to come and find out where their classes fall during the day and I am BEGGING you to let me get through this week before we start looking at those pieces. And to answer some of the questions that I heard last year at this time, no, I am sorry you can not have a copy of your schedule and no, it is not set in stone so even though it might look perfect to you now, I can't guarantee that it will be the exactly the same next year when we start up again. Thanks for your patience!

No comments: