Monday, May 5, 2008

College Admissions Tests

I hope that all of my junior students have registered to take one of the college admissions tests (ACT or SAT) this spring. If you haven't signed up for one of the tests yet, it isn't too late, but the deadlines are here so it is important to register now!

The remaining test dates for this spring are:

SAT - June 7, 2008
Registration Deadline: Tuesday, May 6th (Tomorrow!)
Late Registration Deadline: May 15th
Register online at http://www.collegeboard.com/

ACT - June 14, 2008
Registration Deadline: Friday, May 9th
Late Registration Deadline: May 23rd
Register online at http://www.act.org/
(Don't forget to sign up for the ACT plus Writing!)

To answer some of the more frequent questions I have had lately about the test dates -
- Yes, I know that June 7th is right after exams and school ends. Sorry, I can't control that for you.
- Yes, I know that some of you are leaving for camp on the same day as a test date. You know what you can and cannot control and if you cannot go to camp (or vacation or whatever else you have planned) late then you will not be able to test on that date. You can consider the option of arriving to your intended location early and taking the test there if that works for your family...
- Yes, there are test dates in the fall so that you can take or repeat a test at that time. No, there are not any dates over the summer.

If you have any other questions about the ACT or SAT visit the "Test Info" page on PrepHQ, the actual ACT and SAT websites, or stop in my office and see me.

No comments: