Monday, April 14, 2008

Panel Wisdom

Tonight was the Junior Student and Parent information night. As a part of the events this evening there was a panel presentation by senior students who have survived their senior year and are nearing the end of their high school career and a parent panel of senior parents to talk about their experiences in navigating the adventures of senior year. I must admit that I was INCREDIBLY impressed with both the student and parent panels. The participants did an outstanding job giving honest viewpoints about the upcoming year for the juniors and their parents.

A very special thank you to Kirsten P., Loren C., Clayton S., Ken G., and Sarah E. for their participation on the "Senior Survivor" panel. These students represented a variety of different college choices - different sizes of schools in different areas of the country . More importantly though, they represented WKHS in a poised and helpful manner.

In addition to the student panel were the parent panel participants - Sue Bobson (mom of Matt), Marla Hills (mom of Mackenzie), and Julie Rayis (mom of Chris). This was the first year to include a parent panel and I was THRILLED with how much they were able to share tonight. I truly believe that this was a wonderful addition to the evening's events. Thank you to the parents for sharing your knowledge and insight!

I was also excited to see so many of "my" juniors in the audience tonight along with your parents. Hopefully you have already figured out that I care a great deal about you as well as your experience along the "senior year journey." Remember that I am always here to help you in any way that I can.

One last final thanks to Loren, Ken, and Mrs. Bobson. I appreciate your help more than you will ever really know!

No comments: