Saturday, December 29, 2007

Fun with Carly and Cole

I *know* this is a blog about school stuff, but since this is our winter break and I like sharing glimpses of my "real" life with you I decided to share a few more pictures of the fun I had with my niece and nephew.
Today it stopped raining so Carly and Cole were able to have some fun outside with more of the gifts from "Aunt Bri." Carly was excited to try out her new ice skates and she did OK - just a few falls and lots of laughter. She definitely preferred to have someone holding her hand while she skated, but she said she was going to practice practice practice. When she opened the roller skates she said, "Just what I always wanted." It was too cute.

Poor Cole... when Carly was little and Aunt Bri bought her a "bike" I was crazy
enough to try to put it together myself for her. (So not a good idea! Ask anyone who was around when I *tried* for an hour to hang the shelf that is in my office!) But, being the loving aunt I was willing to look beyond my lacking in handy-man type skills and suffer through. Now, Cole, the 2nd child, who is still VERY much loved gets laughter from me at the thought of putting together a bike and, as a result, received his bike in a box... for his VERY handy dad to put together before he could play with it. What would have likely taken me days to assemble his dad had together in no time. (Thankfully!) Cole liked the idea of the tricycle - and he liked having someone push him around on it, but he was too small to actually reach the pedals. (Although, his handyman dad who Carly will quickly tell you can fix anything, came to the rescue and added blocks of wood to the pedals so that he will be able to ride on his own.)

It was fun playing with the kids and I was sad to leave them. I had a great time with my sister too - her husband took kid duty last night and she and I went out to a movie... we saw "PS I Love You" - let me just tell you - SAD movie!!! Somehow I missed that detail in the previews and did NOT expect to cry through the entire movie. So while my fun times in Kentucky are now over it was great while it lasted. I hope you have also been enjoying your break. I can't wait to see all of you again at school (I can't believe we go back next week already!) and hear about your fun stories too. Enjoy your last few days of freedom! :-)

No comments: