Sunday, October 21, 2007

Weekend Wrap-Up


I hope you have been enjoying your long weekend. For many of the Seniors – I know that lots of you spent the extra time off making college visits and I am anxious to hear how they went. For everyone else – did you enjoy the extra day to sleep in and get stuff done? Rumor has it that lots of you had quite a bit of homework and papers to write over the long weekend. Hopefully you made progress getting through it all. :-)

As mentioned in my last update, there were lots of WKHS teams in action this weekend and it was definitely an impressive showing by the Wolves! The football game was a heart-breaking loss for senior night, but the guys will bounce back this coming Friday against Olentangy. Everyone else brought home victories over the weekend! Congratulations to the boys and girls water polo teams who are ranked 1st in their region after Friday and Saturday’s wins. Good luck next weekend at States! The boys/ girls soccer, volleyball, and boys/ girls cross country teams all advanced to the next level of tournament action.

Over the long weekend I also had a chance to catch up and chat with a few more of my former students. This is a new experience for me because prior to this year I had not been at the same school 2 years in a row. As a result, I have never had the experience of having students come back to visit. It means so much to see and hear all of the great things that they are experiencing at college and as they take steps toward their future dreams.

Well, I am off to enjoy the last day of the weekend! Hope you have a great day and I will see you all tomorrow!

No comments: