Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Hall of Fame!

My family received some exciting news last night…

My step-dad, Dave Hoover, is going to be inducted into the Ohio High School Basketball Coaches Hall of Fame! This is a huge and well deserved honor. (Totally unbiased opinion… LOL!) A representative from the Coaches Association called him last night to share the big news. I think he was pleasantly surprised, but he is so humble that he said we could tell people, but he wasn’t going to tell anyone other than us…

So, let me brag about him for a minute…

He won the State Tournament in 1994 while coaching at Westerville North.
He won the State Tournament in 2005 while coaching at Canton McKinley.
He won the State Tournament AGAIN in 2006 while coaching at Canton McKinley.

I can’t even begin to list the total number of wins, district championships, and state final four appearances, but I can tell you he is a great coach and an even better person. I am so thankful he is in my life!

After the back-to-back state titles he retired from teaching and coaching and is now doing private basketball lessons, camps, and teaching math part time at a few area colleges near their home in Canton.

Here are a few pictures from his last game coaching…

(I meant to take a picture at the end of each quarter so that I would have the progression, but after the game was so caught up in the excitement and festivities that I forgot to take a picture… so this is the end of the 3rd quarter. You can tell that it was a pretty solid victory. The final score ended up being 63-33.)


No comments: