Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Welcome Back!


I hope you enjoyed your last day of summer vacation and are getting excited about coming back to school tomorrow. I am looking forward to seeing everyone again!

The freshmen students had their first day in the building today and they seemed to enjoy finding their way around. I'm sure that it was a bit scary for them, but tomorrow will probably be even more intimidating. Little do they know that all of you are, in fact, quite nice and helpful. (At least you have always been nice and helpful to me so I am confident it will be the same to the poor freshmen who are lost around the building.)

Speaking of the freshmen - the Guidance Department has a new staff member who will be working with the freshmen students. Her name is Miss Schwartz and her office is located next to mine. She is new to Columbus and WKHS, so the next time you are at my office stop by and welcome her too. I'm sure she would appreciate it.

Today the computers were up and down - and part of the day some of our computers worked while others wouldn't so it was a continuing frustration. My request is that tomorrow you try to remember to bring your schedule with you. It never fails that there will be a line of people showing up to ask for a print out of their schedule because they forgot it at home and the computer won't be working. (Trust me, lots of freshman had that happen today!)

Have a good night and I will see you all tomorrow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout out, Miss Abbott! I am very excited to be at WKHS and I hope some of your students do stop in and say hi.... and thanks to all of them who were nice to my freshmen today!!