Thursday, October 19, 2023

Lots and Lots of Articles

I read a ton.  Fortunately, I love to read - both for enjoyment and to make sure that I am staying on top of ways to help my students and families most effectively.  And while I use the information that I read to my own gain to be able to answer your questions, I know that sometimes it is nice for you to read some of the information that quotes experts directly.  So any time I come across an article that I think is something that I particularly liked or that I think will be specifically relevant for you to read on your own, I save it.  My list of saved articles has grown rather lengthy so it's time to share them - and with it being the start of a long weekend, hopefully that gives you some extra time to read through the list.  Feel free to read through the article titles below to see if there are any which interest you and then check them out for yourself.  Happy Reading!  


Admissions advice from a dad

How to answer 5 common supplemental essay prompts

A guide to writing a great college essay

High paying jobs that don’t need a college degree

Common reasons college applications get rejected

Top essay cliches and how to avoid them

For parents – tips for campus visits

What college rejections can mean

College admissions officers tips for applying

Tips on starting the college application process

4 majors that lead to high paying jobs

Choosing a career in high school

How to write and format college admissions essays

College Admissions Trends for 2023

How career prep programs went from dumping ground to top priority

Top colleges that require test scores



No comments: