Monday, November 4, 2019

Plan Ahead

There are a lot of things that I love about my job including how there is always something to do.  As we progress into this new month I was happy to know that many of our students have successfully completed all of their college applications by the early application deadlines, but I also know that many of you are going to continue with your application efforts for November 15th, December 1st, or even January 1st deadlines.  In addition to helping students with college applications there are lots of other needs that all of you have - academic concerns, personal/ social stressors, and anything else which might be impacting your days.  I love that.  But I wanted to give you a heads up that as I looked at my calendar for this month I realized that I am going to be out and unavailable for several days this month.  

I am excited about some of these chances, but I hate that it means I won't be around in the way that I would prefer.  For example, I was selected to present at the All Ohio Counselor's Conference - a statewide conference for all counselors - this will have me out of the building on Thursday and Friday this week.  

The following week I will be unavailable for most if not all of the day on Thursday (14th) because we will be administering the Pre-ACT.  

I will be in meetings for half the day on Monday the 18th and out all day for a training on Tuesday the 19th and then I will be going on the field trip to the Delaware Area Career Center on Friday, the 22nd.  

There will be a note on my door each day and if you have an emergency you can always see another counselor, but my hope is that for things like college applications and academic progress, you can try to aim to see me on the days I am in the building.  If you stop by and I am not available, don't forget - if you leave a pass for me I will find you.  And if you just have a question that you want to e-mail to me, feel free to do that anytime.  Thanks for understanding and being flexible.

No comments: