Thursday, June 26, 2014

Diploma Presenter

It is hard to believe that graduation was just over a month ago.  One of my favorite Kilbourne traditions is the fact that graduating seniors have the option of selecting someone from their Kindergarten - 12th grade educational career (teacher, coach, counselor, etc.) to present them with their diploma at graduation.  As someone who has been selected to present students with their diploma, I cannot even begin to express how much this opportunity means to the staff members.
This year I had the honor of presenting 6 students with their diplomas.  (L to R) Front: Lauren Hedges, Jordann Dierksheide, and Talia Damron and Back: Joey Cipicchio, Alex Brothers, and Andrew Davis.  It was a thrill to be able to give each a hug and offer my congratulations as I presented each student with their diploma.  It was a memory I will cherish!

Joey, Alex, Andrew, Lauren, Jordann, and Talia~ Congratulations on your graduation!  It meant so much to me that I had the opportunity to share in your graduation day.  Each of you has so much to offer to the world.  You are smart, talented, dedicated, compassionate, driven, engaging, and ready to give your best in the pursuit of your dreams.  I am thankful that I had the chance to work with you over the last four years.  You give me such hope for the future and I hope you will always know that you are special to me.  Thank you again for allowing me to present you with your diplomas.  With Love, Miss Abbott


No comments: