Sunday, June 19, 2011

Diploma Presenter

I love traditions! One of the traditions which I believe provides a great deal of meaning to the WKHS graduation ceremony is that every student is allowed to pick someone from their 12 years of education (teacher, coach, counselor, etc.) to present them with their diploma. I suspect that some students put a great deal of thought into picking who they would like to have as their diploma presenters and others quickly dash off the name of someone at the last second. No matter what, you have no idea how much that means to the person you select. Speaking for myself, this is truly one of the highest compliments I feel like I could ever receive.
This year I was touched and honored to be able to present 8 of “my” students with their diplomas. Pictured above (L to R) Back Row: Stephen Downard, Mark Bobson, Ethan Dixius, and Brian Aguirre and Front Row: Jada Earl, Wyatt Allread, Rachel Archambeau, and Michelle Colarossi. There simply are no words to explain what a huge honor this was for me! It was a thrill to be able to give a hug and offer my congratulations as I presented each student with their diploma. It was a memory I will cherish!

Stephen, Mark, Ethan, Brian, Jada, Wyatt, Rachel, and Michelle ~ thank you for allowing me to share in your graduation day! I am grateful that I had the privilege to know and work with you over the last few years. Thank you for making me smile and for letting me share in your lives! I am excited to see all that is ahead of you in the future! I hope you know how much I will miss you. Thanks again for allowing me to have the honor of presenting you with your diplomas - I will never forget it!

No comments: