Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Registering for PrepHQ

I have talked about the importance of registering on PrepHQ with every single one of my students and yet when I look at the registration numbers there are still a significant number of students you have not registered. So, I figured it might be helpful if I walked you through the registration process step by step.

When you get to the PrepHQ page (use the link on the right side of this page) you will look at the grey box on the left side of the page. The first aspect you will notice is that it asks for your username and password. That is NOT the area you need in order to register. The username and password section is what you will use to access the system AFTER you have registered.

In order to register, click on the area in the grey box, below the username and password section where it says, "Click Here to Register." It will then pull up a new page that asks for your Last Name and your Student ID number. Your student ID is on your ID card, on your schedule, etc. (If you do not have your student ID number, stop in and see me and I will look it up.)

After you have entered your Last Name and Student ID number you will be asked a series of questions to help personalize the site even more for you.

I hope that helps clear up any problems you are having. If you have already registered and forgot your username and password to access the site, please stop in and see me. I can look up your username and can reset your password for you. Don't forget that you need to share your username and password with your parents so that they can access the site as well!

No comments: