Monday, June 16, 2008

With Humility and Gratitude...

So, I have gone back and forth trying to decide if I should mention this on my blog or not, but after a great deal of thought I decided that if I couldn't share good and exciting news with my students then why was I even in this job... but I don't want you to think I am bragging!

At the end of each year the WKHS PTO host a staff lunch to show appreciation to all of the staff members for another great year. During this lunch, they also present a few awards and I was among those honored this year. (I couldn't believe it and about crawled under the table!!) As I understand it there were several parents who submitted nice comments about me to the PTO as a part of the nomination/ voting process. I was floored and while I am extremely grateful to those parents and the WKHS PTO for this recognition, I truly believe that I am the lucky one to have the honor of working with you each day!

In case you or your parents were among those who helped in this recognition - I wish that I could thank each of you individually, but since they were confidential I am unable to do that, but I hope you know how much I appreciate your kindness!

No comments: