Friday, June 6, 2008

School's Out!

Wow, it doesn't seem possible, but we have reached the end of a very successful school year. I am sure that you are all breathing a sigh of relief that exams are over and summer has finally started.

My guess is that I will still see quite a few of you tomorrow at the lacrosse state championship game, but if I do not, I hope you have a wonderful, safe and relaxing summer!

I will still be working through next Thursday trying to readjust all of the schedules based upon failures and working to arrange for students to make up credits in summer school. After next week I will still check e-mails routinely, but will not be in the school or checking voicemail messages. If you need to reach me e-mail is definitely the best option. As for the blog - I will still update it during the summer, but not as often. I am currently thinking one or two updates a week, but we will see... I don't want you to get out of the habit of reading the blog, but I also don't want to bore you with mindless chatter.

Before I close I would like to share a special thank you to all of the anonymous parents and students who submitted my name for the "Staff Member of the Year" award that the PTO presents each year. Today I was a co-winner of this recognition with Kristy Smith, one of the other counselors. I am very humbled and honored, but I sincerely believe I was the lucky one to have worked with so many incredible people this year. Thank you again to everyone who felt that I deserved this honor. I appreciate your kindness - it was a great end to a very memorable year!

Enjoy your summer!

No comments: