Saturday, February 25, 2023

The College Tour

I recently came across The College Tour which is a series of shows that students can watch for free on their website or on Amazon Prime.  This series, now in it's 8th season (so clearly I missed the boat on this before now), showcases a college campus using the students on the campus to tell about some of the best features and aspects of the school.  As I watched various episodes, I enjoyed seeing what it was that the college and the show chose to focus on as the best parts of the campus and trying to pay attention to the stuff in the background as I watched the campus as a whole.

Obviously not every college has been covered in the show and so it might not have schools that you were looking for, but perhaps you will be pleasantly surprised about what you learn about a school you hadn't previously considered.  Or perhaps you just want to check it out for the fun of it... even if it isn't a school you are actually considering.  (I'd suggest you watch the episode from Season 8 on Pepperdine University - easily one of the most beautiful campuses I have ever stepped foot on.)

The videos can't replace a college tour, but it is yet another way to get a view of a college campus and to explore what it is that you are looking for in a college for your future.  I hope you enjoy checking it out on their website or streaming on Amazon Prime.

No comments: