Thursday, May 19, 2022

Senior Recognition Night

Tonight's Senior Recognition night kicked off the festivities of honoring seniors which will conclude on Sunday at graduation.  I was thankful that so many of my students and their families were able to be there tonight.  I am exhausted, but excited.  As I listened to Mr. Thomas share about the unbelievable scholarship amounts you all have been offered, read some of the awards and recognitions you have received (which, by the way, it was really hard to limit it to 3), and reflected on the fact that 62% of your class was being recognized tonight, I simply keep thinking, WOW.

What an impressive class of students you are and what a great job you have done to contribute in positive and meaningful ways at WKHS.  And the reality is, even for those who weren't invited to attend tonight, each of you has made a positive difference at Kilbourne.  Whether it has been in the classroom, with a club, a sport, or simply being a friend to someone on a bad day, you help make WKHS such a special place.

I am grateful that I have been able to share in your journey through high school and tonight my heart is full as I celebrate and honor you.

Also, Mr. Crozier (Gavin's dad), shared an impressive closing speech that was a nice way to cap off a special evening.

And, although it didn't get announced tonight, a few students asked me about all of the regalia that you received and yes, you do wear that on Sunday.  So if you received a Celebration of Excellence medal, any cords, or stole, then all of those items are worn over top of your gown at the commencement ceremony.

No comments: