Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Hooray!

You made it to the end of the school year... Congratulations!  (Definitely a thumbs up to summer break.)  At times it felt like it was a really challenging year, but it also felt like it went by quickly overall.  I hope that you have a wonderful and relaxing summer... but before you slip into total summer mode, I need to share some news with you.

Today just after 9:30am the administration at WKHS officially locked and handed over the class schedules to us which includes lots of schedule conflicts.  (Conflicts and tough choices between classes you wanted is definitely a thumbs down.)  I started calling for students like crazy to try to have you all make some really tough decisions regarding your classes for next year, but I wasn't even half way through before the day ended.  So, I am going to email students over the next few days with details about decisions or conflicts that I need you to share your thoughts, ideas or make decisions between classes so that you will have a schedule that works next fall.  Since I'm not sure if you will still be checking your school email I will also try to copy a parent on the message with the hopes that will help make certain you see the message.

I still have a few more days at school to deal with 2nd semester failures, help get students registered for summer school, and now to deal with conflicts... none of which would be anywhere near the top of my list of favorite parts of my job so know that I miss you already, but I do hope you have a well-deserved, relaxing, enjoyable, safe, and fun summer.

No comments: