Wednesday, December 1, 2021

Career Related Opportunities


Recently I posted about the Delaware Area Career Center and the wide range of awesome opportunities that they have available for our students to consider.  Just as a reminder, tomorrow night, December 2nd, is the Open House at DACC.  I strongly encourage any students and parents who are interested in DACC to sign up and attend the open house to learn more and get your questions answered directly.

While the DACC is primarily for current sophomores (and some senior only programs are for current juniors), the next opportunity that I want to share with you is just for current seniors.  This program is the Worthington Industries Workforce Experience program.  This program is a great opportunity to get your foot in the door with an outstanding, reputable company with great opportunities for advancement over time.  I have more details about the Worthington Industries partnership in my office (as well as information on the counselor website), so I encourage you to come and see me and we can look at the information and see if it would be something that could work for you and your schedule.  I need to submit a list of students who would like to participate in the December 13th interviews that Worthington Industries will be holding within the next week so please stop and see me soon if you are at all interested in this option.

It's fun to try to think about what you might want to do as a job in the future, but even better through programs such as DACC and WI, students have the chance to learn and earn credit at the same time that you are learning skills that can help you in the future.

No comments: