Tuesday, September 7, 2021

#WordsToLiveBy

We all have phrases that we tend to tell ourselves when we need a little pick me up or the day isn't going the way we had hoped or planned.  Perhaps you have statements you like to remind yourself of when a competition/ game isn't going your way.  And, if nothing else, I am confident that you have statements of encouragement you give to your friends when they are having a bad day.

These uplifting, positive messages are your #WordsToLiveBy.

What can those sound like?  Anything that helps support you or others and your mental health.  "Life is better with chocolate."  "This is tough, but I'm strong and can make it through."  "Play the next play."  "Everyone can do something, but no one can do everything."  "Breathe and let the tension go."  "You Matter!" "Remember to add the ...'yet'."  "Be here now."  "I feel anxious, but I am not my anxiety." 

Hopefully you get the idea because tomorrow during lunch periods we are asking all students and staff members to share one of your favorite #WordsToLiveBy and post it on social media.  We want to support and encourage each other with your positive impact messages.

I am so excited to see all of my students in the commons during lunches and I can't wait to see what you come up with as your phrase to share!

No comments: