Monday, June 7, 2021

Impressive Students

The end of the school year felt like a full-on sprint for me.  Between trying to get through the end of the school year with all students, helping make sure seniors would graduate, assisting with graduation planning and execution details, recommending summer school, and saying good-bye to Mrs. Gratz it was a wild end to the year.  Because of all of that, I took a break from posting, but before I truly pause for summer break, I still have a few posts that I wanted to share with you all.

Recognizing the impressive accomplishments of "my" students is always top of my mind as it makes me so proud of them and how hard they have worked.  Today is no exception!

Athletics are a huge part of many of our student's lives.  Even though their seasons ended earlier than they had wanted or hoped, we had many of our students receive post-season recognition.  Several of "my" students were among those honored.

Congratulations to:

- Marissa Dolciato: Women's Lacrosse - 1st Team All State, 1st Team All Region, 1st Team All OCC and OCC Player of the year

- Julie Barrie: Women's Lacrosse - 2nd team All OCC

- Mitchell Abahazie: Men's Lacrosse - 1st Team All Region, 1st Team All OCC, and Honorable Mention All State

- Andrew Bickell: Men's Lacrosse - 2nd Team All OCC

- Cole Archual: Baseball - 2nd Team All OCC and Honorable Mention All District

- Macain Eldridge: Baseball - OCC Scholar Athlete

- Morgan Beals: Softball - 2nd Team All League

- Sara Dale: Softball - Special Mention All League and Honorable Mention All District

It is possible that I missed someone and that truly wasn't my intent, but these are the ones I had been made aware of and I think it is amazing that the hard work and dedication to their sports resulted in 8 of my students receiving recognition for their contributions... especially with so many of them being seniors which makes the accomplishment even more meaningful.

And then outside of sports, I also want to recognize and celebrate:

- Brady Cloyd: WKHS Class of 2021 Hall of Fame inductee

I am so proud of all of you and impressed with your accomplishments!

No comments: