Sunday, August 4, 2019

Summer Fun

For me, summer is now coming to a close.  It was a good summer including lots of opportunities to sleep in, spend time with my niece and nephews (Carly, Colton, & Brady), and catch up with some of my former students.  I have to be honest with you - I enjoy the summertime FAR more than Lexi does.  Don't get me wrong, I miss you too and am looking forward to seeing you, but Lexi is desperate to be back at school every day and to see all of you.

Here are a few of the moments I enjoyed during this summer...


Brady and I went to Legoland and made a frog.  To say that Brady enjoyed Legoland is a massive understatement.  He was totally in his element and his being able to witness his joy was contagious! 





There is little I have loved as much with the kids growing up as being able to sit and read to them.  The older kids loved to read... Brady doesn't always love it, but he (and Lexi) still humored me so that we could read together.

Colton and I checking out the large wood Giants in one of their state parks.  It was fun to walk around and see the detail that had gone into creating the 3 giants.




This is one of my former students, Lauren Hedges, dancing at her wedding with her husband Lane.  What a huge honor it was to be able to witness their love as they started their lives together.  It was also fun to catch up with a few other former students while I was there - including her 2 older brothers.



My niece, Carly, kicked off the summer with a trip to the Kentucky state track and field championships with a 6th place finish in the Pole Vault where she jumped a personal best of 10 feet.  It was the first time I have been able to watch her pole vault and I was so impressed by how hard she works at it after just picking up the sport last year.  And, I mean, look at that smile after she cleared her jump!  Joy!




And last, but certainly not least - we got to welcome Bailey puppy to my sister's family.  Bailey is a beautiful golden retriever puppy who likes to chew and even though I desperately hoped Lexi would love Bailey she is still just learning to tolerate her.

So, in short, it was a great summer, but it went too fast.  I'm definitely not ready for early mornings!  Now that I have shared the highlights from my summer, I hope you will stop in to see me and let me know how your summer went and what you did to stay busy.

No comments: