Saturday, August 10, 2019

Sleep

Sleep... it's one of my favorite topics to talk about because it is SO important and yet it is so often overlooked as a part of taking care of yourself.  And, believe me, I know that this is me often messing it up too as I am not particularly great about getting a good night's sleep in spite of knowing how much of a difference it can make on your physical, mental and emotional well being.

So, here is the thing... you don't have to believe me that sleep is important.  Because I have LOTS of articles that can help tell you that too.  I am going to share them with you - not for you to roll your eyes and think "yeah, yeah, I need to get more sleep" but to really pause and reflect for yourself on how your current sleep patterns are (or are not) impacting you.  As we transition back to school, the early morning wake up times are going to be a shock for many people... and for those of you who have already been doing early mornings such as for sports, my guess is that your mid-days often included a nap and that won't be possible once we are back at school, so this will still probably be a tough transition.

















 Just a few days left of summer break so I guess enjoy gaining as much sleep as you can in these days, but also please try to make sure that you are still getting an adequate amount of sleep once we start school again too!  (Also, if you can't read the comic - click on it so you can see it bigger... it made me laugh - and wonder if that is anyone else's approach!?!)

No comments: