Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Happy 4th of July

Ok, so it's July 3rd, but with Red, White and Boom tonight many of you are starting your celebrating a day early so I am willing to wish you all a Happy 4th of July a day early.

I love living in the United States and all of the incredible freedoms that we are able to enjoy.  It is not something we should take for granted and yet, most of us do just that at times.  If you know me at all (or follow this blog regularly) then you know that I love traditions.  The 4th of July is often rich in traditions for so many families.  Parades, Barbeques, Picnics, Swimming, Baseball Games, and of course Fireworks are often a part of many traditions.  It is wonderful to be able to celebrate in these ways.  I am reminded though, that we should also pause to reflect on why we are able to enjoy these experiences.  Not only am I grateful for all the men and women who previously or currently serve in our nation's military, but I am also specifically thinking of the former WKHS students who have joined the military.

I hope that you have a wonderful and relaxing holiday celebrating with those who mean the most to you.  Most of all, I hope that you will be safe!  Please make safe choices and look out for one another to protect the safety of those around you so that the holiday will always be one with positive memories and traditions.

No comments: