Saturday, February 23, 2019

Seussical and Swimming

Seussical & Swimming may seem like a strange combination, but they actually have a lot in common.  That is because this weekend the Kilbourne Theater Department and the Kilbourne Girls Swim Team are both demonstrating the excellence of their talents.

Last night I had the opportunity to attend this year's musical - Seussical.  We have incredibly talented students and it was fun and exciting to see all of their hard work and dedication pay off. I had many students involved in the show.

Those who were featured on stage included: Joclyn Blake, Robbie Fadley, Gavin Crozier and Jacob Fisher.


While those who were showcased on the stage often get all the attention, the show wouldn't have been a success without the help of many behind the scenes.  This included: Kaleigh Brophy, Harley Davidson, Ashley Baker, Shawn Coon, Andrew Chidester, and members of the Stagecraft Class: Davis Bailey, Kinsley Capuano, and Tadrion Chapman.
And, of course, a musical wouldn't be possible without music and my students who were a part of the Pit Orchestra included: Madeline Allen, Audrey Boughton, Kurt Boker, and Brady Cloyd.


Congratulations to all of you on an outstanding musical!  If you didn't have a chance to see the show last night, I encourage you to try to make it to tonight's show - you won't be disappointed!



And then, let's talk about Swimming!  It is incredibly challenging to qualify for States in swimming and diving.  Not only did our girls 4x200 Free Relay team make it to states, but they performed so well yesterday that they qualified for the state finals.  This mighty fast team of athletes have put in countless hours and laps in the pool to reach this moment.

Congratulations to Haley Banner who qualified for the 4x200 relay and also individually in the 50 freestyle event.

Haley was on the 4x200 team with 2 other of "my" students: Nanami Campbell and Evie DeCarlo.  Also joining them was a student not in my alphabet: Lauren Richner.  Congratulations to all 4 of you and please know we are proud of you!

(Just in case anyone is wondering - there is a very specific reason that I only recognize my students on my blog.  That is because I have to work hard to make sure that I do not recognize any students in a public manner like this blog who do not have approval to have their information shared.  I keep close tabs on that for my students, but do not keep track for students outside of my alphabet breakdown.  So, that is why for things such as Seussical above I only talk about "my" kids even though there are so many other talented contributors.  I decided to mention the off-alpha swimmer because there was just 1 student being excluded from a 4x200 team and that didn't seem fair and her name has been publicized a great deal on social media and the paper as being a part of this state qualifying team so I felt confident that her name was an acceptable one to mention.)

No comments: